Hurricane Harvey – Important Numbers and How to Help
Important phone numbers and contacts
- Harris County Emergency Management: (713) 881-3100 (Harris County only)
- City of Houston Information Line: 3-1-1 (Houston only)
- City of Houston Evacuation Assistance: 2-1-1 (Houston only)
- Harris County Sheriff’s Office Non-Emergency: (713) 221-6000 (Harris County only)
- Coast Guard Rescue: (281) 464-4851, 4852, 4853
- FEMA has set up a webpage with resources.
- Legal hotlines have been set up in Austin. Call (800) 504-7030 for any legal questions.
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP): (800) 427-4661
- Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA): (800) 788-8247
- Office of the Texas Governor has compiled information online regarding shelters.
- Texas Attorney General’s Hotline: (800) 621-0508
- Texas Department of Insurance (TDI): (800) 252-3439
Where to donate
- The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation has set up the IICF Hurricane Harvey Disaster Relief Fund. One hundred percent of the proceeds will go to local non-profits providing assistance in impacted areas.
- The Mayor of Houston, Sylvester Turner, has started the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. Tax-deductible donations accepted on their website. The fund will be housed at the Greater Houston Community Foundation, a 501(c)(3) public charity.
- The H-E-B grocery store chain has an in-store campaign for customer donations at their many locations.
- The Central Texas Food Bank is in need of monetary donations and will be delivering food to the affected area.
- The Austin Disaster Relief Network is taking a caravan to affected area and accepting donations of various items at their HQ, 1122 E. 51st Street, 78723. Check their website for items needed and accepted.
- Diapers are greatly needed for families with babies, so please donate via The Texas Diaper Bank and Austin Diapers.
- Blood Donations can be made at Carter BloodCare, South Texas Blood and Tissue Center and We Are Blood.
- American Red Cross Hurricane Harvey relief makes it easy to donate—simply text ‘HARVEY’ or ‘REDCROSS’ to 90999. Your $10 donation will appear on your phone bill.
- The Rockport Chamber of Commerce has links to many ways to support this devastated coastal community.
- Houston Texans player JJ Watt set up this drive for Houston Flood Relief.
- To help our furry friends, visit SPCA of Texas’s specific hurricane relief page, San Antonio Humane Society, and Austin Pets Alive. Many shelters are also in need of towels and food donations.