DISCLAIMER: This tax calculator is a tool for estimates only and does not provide legal or tax advice.
Helpful Hints and Tips:
- The items allowable under “premium” are found in 225.001(5) of the Texas Insurance Code.
- The tax estimator can be used for individual policies or groups of policies that fall into the same date range.
- The following are tax-exempt policies:
- Covering federal waters
- Covering international waters
- Under the jurisdiction of a foreign government
- The following are federally preempted:
- Federally chartered credit unions
- National Credit Union Administration (when acting as conservator or liquidating broker for Federal Credit Unions)
- Activities that occur on tribal lands
- For more information on policies that are exempt from taxation, please see the Surplus Lines Tax Exemptions/Preemptions brochure on the Comptroller’s Office.