Governor Abbott Declares Phase III to Take Effect in Texas
Governor Greg Abbott announced the execution of phase III to take effect in the state of Texas on June 03, 2020. Executive Order No. GA-26 will allow all business to operate at 50% capacity with certain exceptions, however; COVID-19 guidelines by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) are to remain in effect.
Beginning June 3, 2020:
- Bars and related businesses are allowed 50% capacity as long as customers are seated.
- Amusement parks and carnivals can operate at 50% capacity in counties with under 1,000 confirmed positive cases.
- Restaurants may expand maximum table seating from 6 to 10 individuals.
Beginning June 12, 2020:
- Restaurants may allow 75% occupancy levels.
- Counties with less than 10 COVID-19 positive cases may also allow 75% occupancy as long as an attestation with the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) has been filed.
Beginning June 19, 2020:
- Amusement parks and carnivals may operate at 50% capacity in counties with 1,000 plus positive confirmed cases.
Many outdoor spaces for celebrations or gatherings have also been provided special provisions to ensure COVID-19 prevention protocols can be met. For more details on this announcement, please visit the Office of the Texas Governor website.